Various bloggers including the talented Nubby Twiglet (who I believe may have been the original poster) have already done this and once again I’m taking a flying leap onto the bandwagon! Here are ten random facts about me, hopefully without any repeats from previous memes, but if there are then I apologise. I’m feeling quite good about myself this evening so I thought would be a good time to make a post all about me. In addition, one of our lecturers today asked everyone for an interesting fact about themselves. By the time he got to me, people had shared such amazing things (such as singing in a professional chorus, helping the Red Cross in war zones not to mention the wide variety of countries members of my course are from) that I felt rather boring and couldn’t really think of what to say! This is therefore an exercise, a way of reassuring myself that I’m just as interesting as everyone else, even if I’ve always lived in Britain! This As always, let me know if you choose to post one of your own, I’d love to know more about the lives of other bloggers, I’m terribly nosy like that!
1. I’ve never had anything pierced not even my ears! I’ve always worn my hair down so there never seemed to be any point. I’ve toyed with the idea of various other piercings including a bridge piercing, but I didn’t go through with it – too scared of needles!
2. My fear of needles isn’t actually of the needles themselves, but of someone else wielding something sharp and stabbing me with it. (Quite rational I think!) I have to get a ‘flu jab every year and I always tell the nurse to let me look away and not to give me any warning, otherwise I’ll instinctively jerk my arm away. If I was allowed to give myself the jab however, I’d be fine!
3. I feel the cold a lot, so I like the house to be nice and warm, however I also prefer to sleep in a cold room, as I find it hard to sleep without a heavy duvet! I must be a pain to live with.
4. I’m constantly challenging myself! I can’t take on just one thing at once, I have to have several projects or schemes on the go at any one time or I get restless.
5. I have the best excuse to spend a fortune on shoes – my feet are so narrow I often have to get them from specialist stores, but also it appears that Jimmy Choos will fit me quite well! I don’t own any (yet) mostly because I really can’t walk in heels, but as soon as I learn to I’m treating myself!
6. Amongst my many lofty ambitions such as getting books published, being a great lawyer, etc. are some really mundane, domestic ones too. Possibly my biggest ambition is to own and decorate my own home. First however, I need to find somewhere I want to spend the rest of my live – somewhat bizarrely, Birmingham is becoming a strong candidate!
7. When people ask me what kind of music I listen to I find it a really hard question to answer. I used to be able to at least narrow it down to “alternative”, but nowadays I find myself listening to a lot of classical, some conventional pop, and various other genres as well, so I can’t even pigeon-hole it to any particular collection of genres anymore. One day I’ll listen to Nine Inch Nails, the next Mozart’s Requiem (last Monday – I sang it when in my school choir, it’s a truly beautiful piece of music).
8. I really relish my alone time. I’m not antisocial by any means, but when I’m, for example, alone in a hotel room as I am now, it’s great just to get some time to myself somewhere I can relax, blog and watch TV in bed.
9. I love plushies! I have a small collection of Beanie Babies and other plushies that sit on my bookshelf in front of the books (I’ll post a photo sometime if I remember!) and various others that “live” around my room. My favourite (ssh, I don’t want any of them to feel left out) is a black and white cat called Frobisher.
10. For someone who has back problems and therefore can’t carry that much weight, I’m terrible for taking too much with me in my bag! I always have a handbag full of things I barely ever actually have a use for, but all of which seem completely essential, and when I go away somewhere I take about twice as much as I need! I’m only staying about 20 minutes walk away from the College of Law yet I’m going to get a taxi over in the morning as I’ll have all my bags with me and will barely be able to move!
I’d love to know more about all of you, so if you have some time, share a few facts! It doesn’t have to be ten, it can be as many or as few as you can think of! The total over-use of exclamation marks is entirely optional.
Filed under: life, Lists, Memes | 4 Comments
Tags: about me, facts, life, Lists, me, Meme