Things I Love Thursday
It’s that time of the week again! Thursdays used to be a day I dreaded, they didn’t have the silver lining of Fridays yet were close enough to the end of the week to drag horribly! Now, Thursday is a day I look forward to, as everyones’ TiLT lists make the day zoom by like a Saturday! I just have to make sure I don’t get so absorbed into the blogosphere that my boss notices and tells me off for skiving on the Internet!
Here are my little bits of sparkle this week:
* Loving my Course – Yes, the law is still totally fascinating to me and I’m rather amazed that studying hasn’t become a chore yet! It’s so great to be learning something that will benefit me in the future and to genuinely want to do the work for it! Even contracts are interesting and I’m really looking forward to this weekend when I get to see all my coursemates again, consolidate what we’ve been learning, then sample the delights of the Birmingham German Christmas Market!
* L’Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream – It’s winter and I have rubbish circulation, so my hands suffer terribly from dry skin that’s not great when one has to type all day! This stuff is amazing, seriously the best hand cream I’ve ever used – it lasts for ages and unlike others that do, it doesn’t leave my hands all greasy!
* Having My PC Back! – Well, technically it was never away, but it stopped working for a while and it’s fixed now. I didn’t miss it as much as I thought I would, as thankfully I have my laptop to keep me going, but it’s good to be able to access my music collection and start playing Need For Speed: Undercover again!
* Finally Getting Somewhere with Xmas Shopping! – I always leave it too late, but not this year! My Mother’s present is here, my sister-in-law and nephews’ on order and I know what I’m getting my Father so it’s just my brother to go as the other half and I are saving our money and going out for a really good meal in the New Year instead. My brother is going to be difficult though so if anyone has any ideas for what to get a 21 year-old music student, please let me know!
* My New Coat – It’s plain black, totally classic, and I love it! It’s really keeping me warm at the moment, now that the mornings are freezing while I’m walking to the bus stop! My old coat was a cheap wool / viscose blend and fell apart after a year’s wear (probably because I tend to walk with my hands in my pockets). This new one is a wool / cashmere blend and so much softer and warmer! I’m never buying a cheap coat again!
* The Rest: – New people to follow on Twitter (add me!), Xmas lights everywhere, preparations for work parties (nobody could agree on where to go, so we’re bringing in loads of yummy food, decorating the office, and eating all day!), hot chocolate, re-watching the old BBC Chronicles of Narnia series’, taking notes with pink glittery gel pens!
I’m looking forward to reading all your TiLT lists today, I hope you’ve had a brilliant week and have lots of loves to write about! What’s made your week sparkle?
Filed under: Lists, Regular Features, Things I Love Thursday | 12 Comments
Tags: Gala Darling, lifestyle, positivity, Things I Love Thursday, TiLT