Things I Love Thursday!
Despite still recovering from the cold of doom, there have been many things this week that have made me smile!
* Comedy – watching old episodes of Live at the Apollo and random YouTube clips to unwind and have a laugh at the end of the day is a really great way to pass some time.
* Chocolates– I received a fabulous box of Thorntons chocolates for my birthday last week and just finished them today. It’s lovely to come home to delicious gourmet chocolatey goodness!
* Budgeting – Believe it or not I find the process of budgeting quite satisfying, particularly if I find I have more spare funds than I initially thought. There’s just something about seeing all the numbers adding up properly and balancing out that gives me an immense sense of calm.
* Reading– I’m finally getting back into it again! I used to be a real bookworm but in recent years I seem to be buying far more books than I actually get around to reading and thus, my bookshelf has a “to-read” section a mile long! I’m trying therefore, to set aside some time to read each day, and I’m really enjoying it! Current book: “Open Secret” by Stella Rimmington – the autobiography of the former director-general of MI5, she’s led a really fascinating life!
* Post-it Notes – I seriously don’t know how I would have got through this week without them! I become terribly forgetful when I’m recovering from an illness, and forget even to check my to-do lists etc. Well-placed post-its have been my lifeline!
How has your week been and what has made it sparkle a little more?
Filed under: life, Lists, Regular Features, Things I Love Thursday | 8 Comments
Tags: Gala Darling, life, lifestyle, me, positivity, Things I Love Thursday, TiLT