My Blogging Adventure So Far
It really has been an adventure and I’m loving every minute of it! I’ve had some amazing comments that have really made me smile, and “met” some fantastic people, so I thought I’d write a post about my blogging so far, the things I’ve learned, the good bits, the not so good bits and where I’m hoping to go from here!
A few things I’ve learned from blogging
* It’s amazing how much page-views are affected when you’re ill and don’t post for a couple of days, or post shorter articles than usual.
* Honest posts that show your personality are the best. I’ve had some of my most flattering comments on posts that I wrote flat-out in one go, and barely changed a word of. Obviously some subjects need more stringent editing, but in general, if it’s straight from the heart it seems to work.
* Competitions seem to be a great way both to get visitors to your blog and to get to know other bloggers – they appear to be a great way to interact.
* Writing lists is a great way to condense information into an easy-to-read form suitable for a blog post, and I love writing lists!
* I have found it exceedingly necessary to carry around a notebook for inspiration, as I seem to be thinking about posts to write all the time!
* Checking blog stats is extremely addictive!
The Good Bits:Too many to mention but I’ll try and list the first few that come into my head: Finding wonderful new blogs to read, learning so much from other bloggers, having something that feels important to think about and be creative about all the time, being able to write for a purpose and know that others are enjoying my writing, seeing it grow from a collection of writing to pass the time to something that I’m gradually devoting more and more of my life to and loving every minute of it!
The Bad Bits: Not having enough time to write properly at work anymore!
The Future: I have exciting plans for this blog (well, they’re exciting to me!)
* I have plans for a feature that will hopefully involve other bloggers, where I will get different peoples’ take on a particular subject.
* Eventually I’m going to move the blog to it’s own domain, when funds and time will allow!
* I’m working on some posts in series’ that will link together and hopefully be quite informative.
* This blog is set to get bigger and better, watch this space!
Thank you so much to everyone who’s supported me so far, you’re all fabulous!
Filed under: life, Lists | 13 Comments
Tags: blogging, Blogs, life, List, me