Discoveries This Weekend
Having spent much of the weekend on trains to and from London to watch my brother in a composition competition for music students and catch up with family. Today I will be catching up on all the posts I missed, but for now, here’s a few interesting things I learned this weekend!
* Relatively prestigious composers, such as those judging the competition, seem to be surrounded by young blonde women who hang on their every word, even if these women are about a third of their age and as far as I am aware, are not gold-digging, since I don’t think any of them were prolific enough to be earning the kind of salary that attracts gold-diggers.
* Whilst shopping for coats yesterday I discovered that at 5’1, long coats made for much taller women make me look like a Russian submarine captain and I really shouldn’t wear them.
* My own mother thinks I’m old-fashioned for liking my handbag and shoes to match.
* A Starbucks gingerbread latte can make it feel like Christmas even if I haven’t even started my shopping yet!
* It’s really easy to sleep when the streetlights stopped working several weeks ago and although the entire street has complained, they haven’t bothered repairing them.
* Walking around St. Pancras International in a beret really does make people assume you must have come in on the Eurostar and proceed to address you in French!
* I can live away from my parents for years, and not visit them (they’ve come to see me in that time, I haven’t been totally estranged from the family) for months on end, yet the house I grew up in will always feel familiar and home-like to me.
* My mother cooks the best breakfast in the world!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and this week shapes up to be a good one!
Filed under: life, Lists | 11 Comments
Tags: life, me, weekend