Things I Love Thursday!
Only today and tomorrow left until the weekend, and although I’ve missed two days of work this week due to illness, I honestly can’t wait! I don’t have anything planned aside from a good long lie-in, a few good movies and perhaps a little bit of work in-between!
Despite the illness however, there’s been plenty this week to make things sparkle!
* Obama – Lets start with the obvious shall we? I think this week’s US election result will feature in most TiLT lists today! The whole world appears to have been captivated this time around, and everyone I’ve spoken to has been thrilled to bits with the result! Thank you America, you made the right choice and those of us who could not vote due to our non-US citizenship are truly grateful!
* Birthdays Again – The other half loved his present and the meal I cooked him, even though we didn’t quite manage the dessert. That makes me sound like quite the 50s housewife, but I know he’ll do the same for me on my birthday!
* Fireworks! – Although it was November 5th yesterday, and most of the big firework displays aren’t until the weekend, lots of the neighbours have been firing off their own rockets in their gardens for a few days now and, as many have said before me, “I love the smell of cordite in the morning!”.
* Proper lighting – Never underestimate how much more comfortable sitting at a desk becomes once you have a proper desk lamp. Suddenly my eyelids aren’t dropping quite as fast!
* Inspiration – It has come from many different places this week, including blogs, magazine articles, people I’ve seen on the street and just life in general! I have a moleskine that’s rapidly filling up with scribbled notes that will become articles as soon as I have the chance to sit down and sort through them!
* My Inner Child – Be it getting terribly competitive with my housemate over a demo of “Beautiful Katamari” or idly braiding my hair and eating lollipops at work, sometimes embracing ones inner child can be a great thing.
* Planning outfits – I have a formal concert followed by a French-themed club night coming up in the next few weeks, both on the same night. Much planning is therefore required to find an outfit smart enough for the former that fits in with the theme and general ambiance of the latter!
* Zines – With the delivery of one fabulous zine this week, and the purchase of another, I am gathering inspirational reading material, and reviews will almost certainly follow.
* Learning Peculiar and Interesting Facts – I love it when I read something that strikes me as interesting and / or odd. One day I’ll do a post containing unusual facts I thought were fascinating when I read them in an article or Wikipedia entry.
I hope the rest of your week is good and that you have a fabulous and amazing weekend!
Filed under: Lists, Regular Features, Things I Love Thursday | 17 Comments
Tags: life, lifestyle, positivity, Things I Love Thursday, TiLT