It’s cold, miserable, and dark by 5PM in the UK at the moment. When it’s not raining and windy it’s still and freezing, definitely thick coat weather! So, here’s my top list of winter essentials to get you through the cold weather!
* Hot Chocolate – the ultimate drink for cold winter evenings, carry a sachet in your bag in case you need a chocolate fix at work! Some of the low-fat ones are only 35 calories if you’re watching your weight too.
* Fingerless Gloves – I have slightly low circulation, so my hands get cold easily. Fingerless gloves are great as they keep me warm whilst alowing me to type!
* Reading Material – A stash of good books, magazines and zines, plus a well-stocked Google Reader is essential for my winter. I find myself reading a lot more than I do in summer, usually when I’ve decided to take an early night with a mug of Chai and something by one of my favourite writers.
* Those fake pashminas I mentioned in the last TiLT – I bought more of them at the weekend!
* Great evenings in – DVDs, junk food, wine, a warm blanket to wrap up in on the sofa, all great winter essentials! Just remember you balance out the junk food with something healthy too!
* Braving the weather – It’s definitely essential to make sure you don’t hibernate. No matter how cold and miserable it is outside, it’s good to venture out somewhere despite your common sense telling you it would be much easier to just stay in where it’s warm.
* Delicious Winter Food and Drink – Stews, apple pie, chilli, Treacle Sponge and Custard, accompanied by mulled wine, hot chai, and Irish coffees. Never mind Christmas over-indulgence, my feasting starts on the first cold day!
* Good Moisturiser – Both for your face and hands, I can’t get enough of it in the winter! The same goes for lip balm, and remember that even though it’s cold outside, it should have sun protection!
To those of you in the USA, please go out and vote Obama today! We in the UK are watching with interest, and I think I can speak for many of us when I say that if I were able to vote, I’d vote for Obama in a heartbeat.
Now, what are your essentials as the weather gets colder? x
Filed under: life, Lists | 17 Comments
Tags: essentials, life, lifestyle, List, winter