Things I Love Thursday
My fourth TiLT, my baby blog is growing up! What started off as a small distraction from my work has definitely become a labour of love! Stay tuned for longer, better articles, and new regular features soon!
The delights of this week are as follows:
* Your wonderful comments! To everyone who has commented and added their words of encouragement, thank you so much, you have truly made my week! I’ve also been introduced to some great new blogs, which have definitely kept me sane at work!
* Culinary Adventures As well as a really tasty curry and various other meals this week, the other day I baked a batch of cupcakes and although the icing didn’t work too well (I sort of… improvised, and it didn’t set at all) they were so delicious I couldn’t resist photographing them! Silver balls are my favourite cake decoration, and they also have white chocolate pieces on the top!
* Birthdays! Today is my boyfriend’s birthday, and we’re celebrating with yet more delicious food and wine. I love giving gifts, so I enjoy other peoples’ birthdays almost as much as my own!
* Geeking Out! I am in the process of finding key applications that will allow me to update this blog from anywhere, easily, via my phone. I have a Nokia e90 and have come to realise that there’s no point in having what a few friends have described as my “ultimate yuppie device” without using it to it’s full potential. I have also spent several evenings sitting with my back to the radiator in the living room, laptop in hand.
* Fake “Pashminas” The cheap acrylic ones that seem to be for sale at every market stall in the country at the moment! Warm, versatile, and so easy on the wallet that I need to get one in every colour! I am currently wearing a forest green one, with a purple sweater which I’m sure some will argue is a terrible combination, but I think it looks ok! (and I was in a hurry this morning)
* Keeping my Spending Under Control I’m doing really well at the moment! I’m a big retail therapist and impulse-buyer, which often leads to a very empty bank account, but for the last few weeks I seem to have managed to control my spending really well, and my bank account is looking relatively healthy despite many expenses this month!
* Spooks Season 7 I keep going on about this, but it’s finally started and so far it’s amazing!
* Making Plans for This Blog Never underestimate the benefit of a creative outlet, planning future articles and content is keeping me so happy at the moment! I’m currently weighing up the benefits of buying a domain, recommendations would be welcome!
How has your week been so far? What has brightened it up for you?
Filed under: life, Lists, Regular Features, Things I Love Thursday | 15 Comments
Tags: lifestyle, List, positivity, Things I Love Thursday, TiLT